Sunday, January 8, 2012

Testimony Time

This morning at church we had an old fashioned "testimony time".  I sincerely wish that I had participated.  You would never know it, but I am actually kind of shy.  So here is my testimony that I wouldn't share with my church family, who know me and love me, but I will share with all of cyberspace.....go figure.


A little over one year ago, I was in a bad spot.  Anything the least bit strenuous was too much of an effort for me.   Just thinking about a busy schedule put me in a panic.  Depression was beginning to set in and I thought I was doomed to feel that way for the rest of my life.  Though my prayer life was consistent, I didn't feel that I was getting through to God.  Little did I know that there were very real physical reasons for the way I felt.  Let me say that I honestly believe in supernatural healing and have known people whom God has instantly healed from whatever disease or sickness they had, even cancer!  But you must first realize that you actually have a disease, and I did not.  Once I knew that I had heart disease, I did begin believing that God could and would supernaturally heal me.  By June I was sure that the medicine and prayer had completely healed me and that the test results would prove that.  Hopefully you will not think that a lack of faith or some hidden sin is what caused me not to be instantaneously healed.  Only God knows the reason why I needed to go a step further.  But what I am most thankful for is that He allowed me to live.  Getting a pacemaker/defibrillator made sense and I do not consider it a lack of faith.  The test results were no better in July than they had been in January, though I felt completely healed.  God gives wisdom and, in His wisdom, He showed me that it was best to take the advice of my physician and have the device installed.  Today, one year later, I AM healed, living stronger than before.  Looking back, I see many times He spared my life when I completely ignored the signs of heart failure.  Now that, my friends, is a testimony!

No comments:

Post a Comment