Friday, November 19, 2021

Updates

 Happy Thanksgiving!  Can't wait for all of the FOOD and DESSERTS next week, but mostly I'm focusing on being GRATEFUL.  God has been incredibly faithful to us.  

My husband's recent echo still shows just 30-35% ejection fraction but his heart is now NORMAL size (no dilation) so that is great news.  Also, he has been able to do physical activities outside so long as he rests the next day.  To think where God has brought us in a year is incredible.  Our next step is a MUGA scan again, which will happen late December.  After that, who knows?  We are believing God for a complete healing in the next couple of months.  Yes!

I feel GREAT; honestly.  I've had a few crazy times of tachycardia this last year but nothing sustained.  My ICD battery is good for another 10 months!  I've been walking 30-60 minutes 5x a week and it helps me feel good and sleep better.  

Over the summer I was able to go on my very first Missions Trip; what an adventure.  A group of us went to an Indian Reservation to do a VBS in Harrah, Washington.  It was HOT - no air conditioning!  I had avoided this trip for many years due to my heart issues.  Now that I'm 60, I thought "it's now or never".  With the generous financial help from several people, I was able to go, even though my husband is now on disability and our income is greatly cut.  But God....!!!

My mom passed away on June 9 from kidney failure; she had been on dialysis for about 7 years and just decided she'd had enough.  I supported her decision; she knew where she was going when she died and did it without fear.  What a way to go!!  

Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner; I pray you find peace in this season and a bright hope for the New Year.  Blessings to you!

This played on the radio this morning as I was coming to work; it's the most beautiful version I've heard...

O Holy Night - Celine Dion 



No comments:

Post a Comment