Sunday, September 21, 2014

Amazing

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014,  I had an echocardiogram at 12:30 p.m.  I truly did not know what to expect the results to be as I did not feel any differently than I had before and was doing the normal things I do.  I try to exercise a few times per week and eat well, but often fail.  My breathing is normal and I usually feel pretty good.  Once in a great while I feel short winded and tired.  But most of the time I feel fine.  So I truly didn't know if the results would be "good" or "bad".  At any rate, I was not expecting a big difference since my last echo in April, when the ejection fraction was around 20%.  As a matter of fact, a week or so ago I heard a little voice in my head saying that it would  be worse.  I started to imagine what the doctor would say were my options and what I would say.  You know how you can just go through the whole scenario in your head?  Crazy, huh?  Well, a day or so later I told myself to "shut up" and I also told God that I would trust HIM and not myself.  No matter what, I was determined to live joyfully and make the most of whatever days He chooses to give me.

On Thursday afternoon I was driving into a Costco parking lot in Columbus, Ohio when my cell phone rang.  It was my cardiologist office and they wanted me to know that my results had been read and that my medicines were not changing.  I asked what was the ejection fraction and she said it was 40-45% !!!!  What?!!!  I was over the moon!  After I finished thanking God, I called my husband, crying, with the good news.  We shared such a happy moment together.  I know that many people don't get good news when the doctor calls and I don't know why sometimes things go well and other times they don't.  It certainly has little to do with US and everything to do with HIM.  God is in control of every day and every minute.  I know that and am so thankful for that.  

To Your Health and to His will,
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment