Thursday, December 31, 2015

Strengthen Your Heart

It's New Year's Eve!  We are right on the edge of a brand new year, how exciting!  My "War Room" is finished and it is time to get serious about prayer and Bible reading.  For the first time, I sat and read this morning in the freshly painted and newly decorated bedroom which used to be a playroom.  Reading from my grandma's old KJV, I came across this verse, "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."  Even though I am not usually a KJV reader, I really like this translation of this verse.  Just as God will strengthen our inner man, He will also strengthen our physical literal heart.  Just what I needed to hear today.  BTW, my grandma actually passed away on New Year's Eve 1988.  So this Bible holds special meaning for me today.  

Not only will God strengthen our hearts by keeping Him first, but also using common sense.  Eating better, exercising more, and less stress are all goals of mine this year.  I know that, though Him, we can "do all things".

Here's to your health and mine,

Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment